Return to Directory

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Special Workshop November 25th at 10:00AM- Creating a Family History with Descriptions and Pictures


Instructor: Blanche Bailey

My plan is as follows:

1. Start with copying old photograph prints

2. Outlining your narrative for the picture.

3. Put it together in Power Point by inserting the data.  

For example:

If I were doing my ancestors one by one and started with my maternal grandmother, I would start with a picture of her, then give her birth place and early life, then another picture of her house in NY, then about her Boarding house, maybe with a picture of a census listing with her boarders, then to the house in Brooklyn with picture followed by text. 

I think that might be enough for the Session.

We have the learning process for each student to master the process of creating their file.

The Plan can be adjusted as we try it out next week.  

Student should bring:

1. Old pictures, digital or printed.

2. Word files or printed documents.